Center for Materials for Information Technology
The mission of the MINT Center, founded in 1988, is to be a source of excellence for multidisciplinary research in materials for information technologies. Within this context, its objectives are the following:
- To perform world-class research.
- To cultivate students in the relevant disciplines.
- To provide scientific and engineering resources and to be a communication channel for the information technology industry.
- To enhance the standing of the University of Alabama as a major research university.
- To promote economic growth at local, national and international levels.
I would like to welcome you to the Center for Materials for Information Technology ( MINT) at the University of Alabama. The mission of this center is to perform world-class research, educate students, and serve as a resource and communication channel for information technology industries and related. Research programs range from the most fundamental studies on materials for information storage, energy storage and energy sensors, but not limited, to the application and technologies of these industrial fields. For this goal, we are integrating all resources available, not only through close interdisciplinary collaborations, but also through external activities with academic institutions, national laboratories and industries international-wide. We at the MINT Center “always strive to stay ahead of the times.” We place great emphasis on team work, learning from each other, learning several disciplines, and obtaining a broad and deep understanding of our sciences while applying them to the most challenging fundamental problems. We are open for your feedback and suggestions, and looking forward to having you on campus as well!
Endowed Chair and Director