- This event has passed.
MINT Review Meeting and Workshop
October 26, 2017 - October 27, 2017
The MINT Review will be held on October 26th, 2017. The MINT Workshop will be held October 27th, 2017
MINT Center has been holding the MINT Workshop every year since 2010 where all the IEEE Magnetics Distinguished Lectures and several external invited speakers gave excellent talks on their own expertise topics. This year, we are pleased to announce the program (tentative) as follows:
- Hendrik Ohldag – SLAC National Accelerator Laboratory, Menlo Park, California, USA*
- “Ultrafast and Very Small: Discover Nanoscale Magnetism With Picosecond Time Resolution Using X-Rays”
- Professor Xiaofeng Jin – Fudan University, China*
- “The Hall Effects Edwin Hall Never Imagined”
- Professor Michael Farle – University of Duisburg-Essen, Germany, and Immanuel Kant Baltic Federal University, Russia*
- “Functionalized Hybrid Nanomagnets: New Materials for Innovations in Energy Storage and Medical Theranostics”
- Professor Eiji Saitoh(under negotiation) – Tohoku University, Sendai, Japan*
- “Spin Current Physics and Applications”
- Professor Nian Sun – North Eastern University
- “Integrated Ferroics for Sensing, Power, RF and Microwave Electronics”
- Dr. Jeison Fischer – Max Planck Institute Halle, Germany
- “Atomic Structure governed diversity of Exchange-driven Spin Helics in Fe Nan-islands by Spin Polarized STM”
- Hard Disk and Magnetic Random Access Memory (MRAM) Technology (TBD)
*IEEE Magnetics Society Distinguished Lecturers.
The Embassy Suites Tuscaloosa-Downtown
2410 University Blvd
Tuscaloosa, AL 35401
Special Rate: $142/night
Guests can call the hotel directly and refer to group 2017 MINT Center Fall Review/Workshop or reserve online at MINT’s Group Page(Click Here) or directly on Embassy Suites website and use the group code (MCR) to make reservations.
Reservation deadline: Rooms will be held until 10/8/2017 11:29 pm. After this date reservations will be accepted on a space and rate available basis only.
If you need assistance booking hotel accommodations, please contact Mrs. Carrie Martin, email@example.com
There will be a registration fee of $400 for industrial non-members. Cash or check only.