The MINT Center will hold its annual fall review and workshop on October 25 and October 26 2018. Please see below for our online application, hotel information, and a tentative schedule.
There will be a registration fee of $400 for industrial non-members. Cash or check only.
600 Harper Lee Drive
Tuscaloosa, AL 35404
Phone: (205) 553-9800
Rooms available for a discounted rate of $99/night + tax from Monday, Oct 26 through Thursday, Oct 29.
To receive this rate please contact the hotel and reference UA – MINT Center Fall Review & Workshop.
Deadline to receive discounted rate is October 6th at 11:59 pm. After this date reservations will be accepted on a space and rate available basis.
If you need assistance booking hotel accommodations, please contact Mrs. Carrie Martin, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Overview of the MINT activities by Director Takao Suzuki
- Reports on the major MINT projects
- Oral presentations by the MINT Faculty and Postdoctoral Fellows: AM and PM
- Poster presentations: PM
- Reception: Evening
IEEE Distinguished Lecturers’ talks
- Professor Russell Cowburn, University of Cambridge – “Perpendicular magnetic anisotropy: from ultralow power spintronics to cancer therapy”
- Professor Ludwig Schultz, IFW Dresden, Institute of Metallic Materials – “Interaction of ferromagnetic and superconducting permanent magnets – superconducting levitation”
- Professor Bethanie Stadler, University of Minnesota – “Magnetic Nanowires: Revolutionizing Hard Drives, RAM, and Cancer Treatment”
- Professor Ivan K. Schuller, University of California, San Diego – “35 Years of Magnetic Heterostructures”
- Professor Ichiro Takeuchi, University of Maryland – “Development of MnBi Based Permanent Magnets”
- Dr. Michael Alex, Western Digital – “Development of HAMR Technology”
- Professor Ramesh Budhani, Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur – “Spin Excitations in Nanostructured Magnetic thin Films”
For more information:
Professor Takao Suzuki, Director email@example.com
Mrs. Carrie Martin firstname.lastname@example.org